Do you enjoy investing your time in a community you care about?
Scripture tells us that gifts are given to us by God for the common good in doing the work of the Kingdom of God. In the Body of Christ, we each have something to contribute. There are many ways in which we can serve our Lord.
These are just some of our volunteer opportunities that you can help with. We’ll provide training and support for all of them.
- Welcoming people to Grace as a greeter or usher approximately 12 Sunday mornings per year
- Visiting individuals and families, assuring them of our desire to stay connected
- Teaching a Sunday School class and finding joy in the laughter and curiosity of children one or two Sundays per month
- Leading conversational English once a week to help integrate newcomers into Calgary
- Participating on our new Committees and Teams, who meet about once per month, creating new programs and making current ones even better. These Committees are structured to help us implement our vision and mission and have new Terms of Reference and membership.
- Preparing for our newest refugee family and helping them settle over the next year
- Photographing Grace events and gatherings to capture the life of our community.
Please speak to Cindy Stephenson, Coordinator of Volunteers, to learn more. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.244.5861.