Grace Church is looking to fill a position for Security/Maintenance Personnel. If you are interested or know of someone looking for part-time work (evening and weekends), please contact David Telfer, Building Supervisor, at 403-244-5861 or email@example.com.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through God’s grace
Our Mission: Inspired by the Holy Spirit, we grow disciples of Jesus Christ to love our neighbours and effect social change.
Position Name: PART TIME BUILDING SECURITY ASSISTANTS
Reports to: Building Supervisor
Work Hours: Varies from 4 to 20 hours per week
Grace Presbyterian Church employs part-time Building Security & Maintenance Assistants to provide backup to our existing Building and Security staff for evenings and weekend shifts.
- Opening and locking the building
- Monitor and control access at building entrances
- Monitor video cameras and alarm systems
- Patrol randomly and regularly the building and perimeter
- Thorough investigation of the Church and every room before closing, turning off equipment, lights and coffee pots.
- Protecting Church property, staff and visitors by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences and informing the Building Supervisor as soon as possible of any issues.
- Setting up for Church Functions or Use of Facility rental events
- Providing assistance to Ministers, staff, congregation members and visitors as required
- Respond to issues regarding the temperature of the building
- Garbage, compost and snow removal
- Yard care and cleaning of the church
- Other maintenance duties as assigned by the Building Supervisor
- Well mannered, service-oriented individual with integrity and professionalism.
- Be respectful of all members, adherents, volunteers and visitors of Grace Church.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and to stack chairs which may require lifting over head.
- Current WHMIS ticket.
- Every shift requires Pants or shorts with a nice golf shirt or T-shirt with no printed logos. Clean with no tears or rips. Proper footwear such as runners, shoes or boots are required for safety. Appropriate attire for special events such as Weddings, Funerals and Sunday Service is a dress shirt with a tie and dress pants. A suit jacket is a nice addition but not necessary.